5/09/2013

Week 9: Home-made Gak

This week me and the boys attempted to make home-made gak!  I remember playing with this stuff when I was little and thought that they would have a blast with it.  I found a recipe for gak here!  My boys had a ton of fun dumping the bottles of glue into a bucket and then mixing in the liquid. 

We mixed and mixed, and finally ended up with this!
If you can't tell, I was a little bummed because the gak turned out kinda clumpy and the food coloring stained my hands blue.  I wonder if it was so clumpy because I didn't use the Elmer's brand of glue.  I just used the generic.  Anyways, We didn't end up playing with it!  I put it in a zip-lock and came back to it later.

I guess it needed some time to sit because when I came back to it, it looked just like it should!  That's when I pulled it out and let the boys have some fun! ; )

Have you ever attempted home-made gak!?  Did it work well for you!?

Thanks for stopping by the 9th week of
Click here to learn more about 30 minute Thursdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...