12/10/2011

Homemade Finger paint!

1/2 cup of cornstarch OR 1 cup of Flour
4 tablespoons of sugar
2 cups of cold water
Food coloring
Pinch of Salt
Directions: Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium pan. Cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes. Keep stirring the mixture until it is smooth and thick. Once it has thickened turn the burner off and let it cool. After cooling divide the finger paint into separate storage containers and add food coloring. Make sure the lids are on tight while storing so it doesn’t dry out.

This was a really fun activity for me and my 2 year old! It was fun for him to help make it and see the colors change as we added coloring. It was fun all over when we got to color with it and get all messy. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! ; )
Here is the recipe with pictures and some of my son digging in….so fun!


OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
hollysig_edited-1

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the fingerpaint reciepe....I teach preschool and have lots of beginner students who taste everything ( gluesticks, chalk, even my pencils have bite marks!). This fingerpaint seems safe enough to eat (although I won't encourage that!) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would the mud podge get stuck to the pot ,after words?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant the finger paint. Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant the finger paint. Sorry

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...