3/09/2012

Dr. Seuss Fun

March 2nd was read across America day and the 108th Birthday of Dr. Seuss. I wanted to do something special with my kids to celebrate both.  We read lots and lots of books...including lots of Dr. Seuss Books. Our favorites are The Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham although we like a lot of others too.  In preparing activities for my kids I had the thought to put together a list of some of our favorite Dr. Seuss books along with an activity and treat to go along with them. I ended up finding an AMAZING packet online with a ton of fun ideas...I LOVE it!  Rather then create my own I wanted to share it with you along with some additional ideas/pictures.  I love all these fun ideas!

You can find this free packet over at Oopsey Daisy.  It has great ideas and some printables for lots of Dr. Seuss's books including: The Foot Book, Fox in Socks, Horton Hears a Who!, Dr. Seuss's ABC, Green Eggs and Ham, Wacky Wednesday, The Sneetches, The Shape of Me and Other Stuff, Bartholomew and the Oobleck, If I Ran the Zoo, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, The Lorax, The Cat in the Hat, Hop on Pop, There's a Wocket in my Pocket, Oh the Places You'll Go!, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish. It really is a great resource.  Once you have clicked on the link go to the tab "Mommy School" and look for the picture above...she has lots of other great packet too!


The more that you read
the more things you will know,
the more that you learn
the more places you'll go!
            ~Dr. Seuss
List of Dr. Seuss Books @ No Twiddle Taddle
You'r never too old,
too wacky, too wild,
to pick up a book
and read to a child!
           ~Dr. Seuss
We made some of these cute cupcakes, I got the idea from Bump Smitten 
We also enjoyed swedish fish in blue jello, picture from Simple Girl

Here are some fun treats I saw online:
Easy Breakfast Idea...just cover a yogurt with paper, Idea from Creativity My Passion
Fun lunch idea from A New Dawn
Another fun Lunch Idea @ Muffin Tin Mom

 Yummy Chocolate Green Eggs along with a tutorial @ Random Thoughts of a Supermom
Cute snack Idea @ Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons

A couple activity Ideas:
Cut Pencil Toppers @ Skip To My Lou
Pipe Cleaner Fun @ Craft Jr.
Blocks with a tutorial @ Sugar Bee
Thing 1 and 2 Art @ Serving Pink Lemonade
The Lorax Activity with instructions @ Blue Skies Ahead
Mini Cat in the Hat. I saw this idea via Sarah Butler on Pintrest, there wasn't a webpage. 

Some cute Party Ideas:
Dr Seuss and Green Eggs and Ham Party @ Pizzazzerie
More Party Ideas @ Mom of 2 Precious Boys
More Party Ideas @ Annie's Eats
One more Party Idea @ Nothing but Country

A Few Other things I liked:)
Dr. Seuss Fonts Links found at Coolest Family on the Block
Teaching Ideas @ 2 Teaching Mommies
Lots of resources and great coloring pages @ Seussville

Have Fun with your Dr. Seuss Activities!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Wow Heather! Such great ideas :) That must have been a lot of work, gathering everything. I loved it though :) You're awesome! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I need to follow you guys more closely! What great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...