4/18/2012

Being a mom IS hard work!

Have you seen the attack on family and more specifically on stay-at-home mothers?  It's all over right now especially in the political campaigns.  To all you moms out there I say...keep up your hard work!

I have an amazing mother and to say she has never worked a day in her life would be very very wrong.  In fact my mother is one of the hardest working people that I know.  She is a wife, the mother to 10 children, a grandmother to 4, a song writer, an author, and plays many other roles.  Growing up she was always there for me and she continues to be.  She plays many roles in my life: mother, teacher, nurse, cook, chauffeur, cleaner, organizer, coach, artist, singer, entertainer, counselor, referee, clown, and most important friend.  Thank-you mom for all of your hard work, I didn't realize how much you did for me until I had children of my own!

Here is a picture of my family.  Heather and I are the oldest children of the 10.  My amazing mother is in the middle.



With that said, I'm so glad for the opportunity I have to be a mom!  It is hard work but I know it's the most IMPORTANT work I will ever do.  It's a 24 hour job, and I even work holidays! ; ) I hope that I can learn to balance everything and do as well as my mother does.  

Currently I work outside of the home 3 Fridays a month as a dental hygienist.  I always joke that those 3 Fridays a month are my days off since that is the time I am working and actually receiving visible and immediate compensation.  Even though my work as a mother is not rewarded with a paycheck, the compensation that I receive is even greater!  It's impossible to put a price tag on the memories and precious moments I have experienced with my family.

Here is a picture of my family!

Here is a picture of Heather's family!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. The greatest reward as a mother is when you see your children being even better parents than you were. I have witnessed that joy. Thanks for always being an ideal daughter! Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been seeing a lot of talk about this and being a mom is definitely hard work. When I first became a stay at home mom, I felt like I had to come up with an excuse for why I wasn't working, but now I couldn't be happier with being a stay at home mom! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog via my mom's pinterest. Being a mom is hard work, but so worth it. I have 5 now, but my hubby and I hope our family will still grow. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog through pinterest and then recognized the picture of your family! I used to babysit you when you were little in Nebraska! The world just keeps getting smaller! Tell your Mom high from Stacey Randall. Cute blog too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...