7/31/2012

DIY Bug Killer

Do you have millions of annoying buys lining your patio? We have had horrible buys this year, I was talking to my neighbor about it and she suggested I try getting ride of them with homemade bug killer. At first, I didn't think it would work but I was wrong...it worked like a charm!  

DIY Bug Killer
1 Spray Bottle Full of Water
1 T Dawn Dish Soap

I know it seems too simple to be true right? It really worked!!! Any bug that got in my way over the course of an hour was sprayed....it killed box elder bugs (pictured below), beetles, ants, daddy long legs, grasshoppers, and spiders.  It worked quickly too.

I also tested this a grassy areas to see if it hurt the lawn.  If I sprayed it the lawn was fine but in the area I poured the remains of the spray bottle out the grass yellowed a bit.


I let my little guy help spray these annoying box elder bugs and he had a ball.  I didn't even have to worry about him because the spray is just water and dish soap. 

Hope you find this as helpful as I did!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm does seem too simple doesn't it lol. This works well to rid our plants of little critters. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried an off brand and it seemed to work too just not as quickly as the dawn. Let me know if the "Fairy" brand works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this! I can't wait til the weather is warmer to try it out :) I've included this in my weekly roundup of useful blogs at www.doomestic.com Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, nice! I never thought a simple mixture as this would work. I’ll definitely give this a shot! This is an all-around bug spray, you say? Oh, that’s even nicer! I keep several types of sprays at home for different kinds of bugs. But I make it a point to always use organic ones. As a mother, I never want to risk my family’s health. -->Lucile

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...