1/31/2012

Valentine Décor Ideas!

I never have the heart to throw away roses when I receive them….I don’t know if it’s because I know they are so pricey or because I want to remember them forever. Kinda weird, I KNOW! But if you are like me then maybe you will like some of these ideas.
I always hang my roses to dry once they have died. I usually do this by weaving them through the blinds upside down! ; ) Some times I use a clip hanger to let them dry upside down as well. After a few days when they have dried out I’ll spray them with some light hair spray to keep the petals in place. Then I put them in a vase for display.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This is currently where I keep them…the corner of the kitchen! ; )
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I took the stem off of some of the roses to make this heart shaped wreath. You can buy the wreath already made and then just hot glue the roses onto it. I've had to take a few from my stash above as some of the flowers need replacing. I've had this one pictured below for over 5 years! ; )
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We don’t have a ton of room for storage in our apartment SO I’m all about reusing decorations if possible. Below is a flower arrangement I have used in the past.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

When the holiday changes I use the same vase, but switch it up a little bit by using a new piece of scrapbook paper inside. Below is the one I’m using for Valentines day!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Here it is all completed! My mom taught us how to make kiss roses when we were younger. So Heather and I still love to make them when Valentines rolls around. One year, back when my husband and I were still dating I used these roses to write out the words “ I LOVE YOU” in the snow! My now husband loved it!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

For Valentines this year I used my regular winter wreath decorations, but just added a little bit of color by twisting in some red, white, and pink heart shaped wood cut-outs. They have wire on the back which makes it SO EASY!!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I did the same thing on my garland below!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

These next two pictures are pictures of some fun crafty things made from scrapbook paper and embellishments. You can find similar things at most craft stores!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Happy February and have fun decorating!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...