10/26/2012

One of "Those" Days

Yep, I would say today was one of those days.  You know the kind I'm talking about right?  If not check out these pictures....don't let the smile deceive you.
Throw up all over baby and car seat... check.
Baby nice and clean and no longer smelling like throw up... check.
Wait a minute.....not for long, poop in the tub... check...REALLY? Check.
No longer smelling so clean... check.
Baby washed and nice and clean AGAIN... check.
Car seat washed for the first time ever... check (Now if I can just figure out how to put it all back together! ; )

After all of this I still wouldn't trade being a mother for ANYTHING!  Sure some days are crazy, today was one of those for sure but at night when I close my eyes to go to bed, I know that I am doing the GREATEST work even if at times its not glamorous.  I love my boys, and my time with them is truly PRICELESS!

Sometimes we get so caught up in comparing ourselves with others.  It helps me to see other moms going through some of the exact same struggles as me.  Does anyone else have days like this?
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. We ALL have days like that!! I also sometimes have a hard time with comparing myself to others, but I have learned that it is REALLY easy to just see what is happening on the outside, and you don't really know what is happening that no one can see. I hope the little guy feels better soon, but YES we all have those days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/31/2012

    Oh my gosh I feel like I've been having so many of these kinds of days lately! Except they're just because my kids won't sit still and won't listen to me and I've been a "hunting widow" plus my husband is in medical school, so I feel like it's all on me. It's hard to have those days!! But like you said, I wouldn't give it up for anything :). They have moments where they just make you laugh or you hear them playing so well together and it makes it all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I so remember those days! My kids are a little older, so there's no longer poop in the tub, but I can still relate. Tinkle on the carpet. Check. Throw up on the stairs. Check. Muddy kids immediately following a bath. Check. You are definitely not alone. Hang in there, and I hope you got the car seat back together! (We still love being moms, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently found your blog and love it! I am a mom of 8 month old twins. Yesterday morning they projectile vomited. on. each. other. It was horrible... at the same time. Which was followed by a major diaper blow out by one, and me spilling my coffee... can any more liquid get on the floor? I am sorry you are going through it - but at least I know I am not alone!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...