7/08/2013

Age Appropriate Jobs for Children

I believe it is important to teach our children how to work. I have been told to teach the value of work to my kids when they are young.  I have tried a few different things with my kids and wanted to put together a list of age appropriate jobs.  I know that every child is capable of different things so this is a pretty general list mostly to help me know how to involve my kids in the future. 


Toddler Age (18 month- 2 Years)
Pick up toys
Put dirty clothes in hamper
Throw away trash
Help make bed or put stuffed animals/dolls on bed
Put away clothes 
Help set and clear table (items that won't break)
Vacuum up small messes (Great with hand vac)
Wipe up own spills

Preschool Age (3 - 5 Years)
Wash mirrors and windows with cleaner and towel
Rinse dish when done eating and put in dishwasher
Unload dishwasher
Sweep small areas
Vacuum small areas
Wash spots on walls or floor
Dust with cloth
Put Books on shelf
Make bed (pull covers up)
Put away shoes
Hang up coat and bags
Water plants
Fold small laundry items (dish towels)

Grade School Age (5-10 Years)
Make bed
Empty trash
Sweep
Wipe table
Wash walls
Fold laundry (bigger items like shirts, pants, towels)
Put away laundry

What other jobs are good for young children? How do you help teach your children the value of work?
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I must say, I thought this was a pretty interesting read when it comes to this topic. Liked the material. . . best paying jobs

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...